Search My Infinite Universe

February 2nd, 2009 - a.k.a. Groundhog Day

I kept meaning to get back to those eagle pictures today, but I ended up in black & white land again.

It's been cold, then warm, then cold again and I think it's starting to wear on some people. Stir-craziness is seeping in. Even Happy the Dog was in a funk today, along with the turtle. My bones have been creaking like the Tin Man and I had to take a nap. Now it's 11:30 PM and here I sit.

I thought this bit in the 3 Riv newsletter was good humor though (follows). I think someone should have thought a little bit more about the order of the layout:


THREE RIVERS PARKS e-newsletter                                   
Keeping you informed of upcoming programs, special events and important park news.

Winter Cabin Camping
Enjoy a rustic log cabin and the adventure of winter camping with family and friends at Baker Near-Wilderness Settlement, in Baker Park Reserve. 
Call to reserve your cabin now.
________________________________

Fight Cabin Fever !
Cabin fever is no fun for anyone, especially for parents who have little ones trapped inside with energy to burn. No problem. Three Rivers Park District offers weekday programs specially designed for children ages 1-6.
________________________________

heh.

This was pretty much just a skills test to see if I could clone out a huge blade of grass that was cutting through the rye diagnonally across the whole picture. It's a lot easier in black & white. Eh. Don't look to closely.



Just the angle of light on these makes you think winter.


I haven't shot my long telephoto in ages either, so I forced myself to take it out on this walk. 
I like the way it softens out the background in close-up zoom shots, especially with the black & white. 

It's just less appealing to work with though, when you have the dog on a leash and not much light. Someday I'll get a faster lens that's still a long tele. Then of course it will be bigger, more expensive, and harder to handle...

“Some people are pragmatists, taking things as they come and making the best of the choices available. Some people are idealists, standing for principle and refusing to compromise. And some people just act on any whim that enters their heads.
I pragmatically turn my whims into principles.”


No comments: