Search My Infinite Universe

Op-Ed: Let's get serious about this "Dress-down Friday" thing

This morning as my lovely wife was pondering what to wear to work for the day unofficially recognized in America as "Dress-down Friday," I began thinking... to really make this whole "relaxed attire" concept work,
I think EVERYONE should adopt:
"Wear a Clown Suit to Work Friday."

It would take so much of the pressure out of those executive board meetings and put everyone on a level playing field. Personally, I would respect the CEO's, lawyers and government officials so much more if they would offer a little self-deprecation once in a while, and it would add a lot of levity to certain news networks, political pundits, and depressing doomsayers.

Needless to say, police chases would be even more entertaining to watch, as would sporting events, beauty pageants, dog shows, and of course election coverage.

So hey, America, I'm offering this idea up for free, no residuals are necessary. You don't have to set aside, "National Guy Who Thought Up Wear a Clown Suit to Work Friday Day" for me or anything. Just imagine the vast improvement our world-image could achieve if people around the globe could see us really step out of our business facades once a week.
I'm not saying this won't take some guts. But if this REALLY IS "The Home of the Brave,' I know we can do it.

See you in the Board Room next Friday.

No comments: