January 26, 2008

Shar and Happy approach what is known in local lore as "The Witches Hat."
It was a water tower built in 1913 and decommissioned in 1952, occupying the "highest land form in Minneapolis", which is now a park. The tower itself was designed by a Norweigan architect who was plagued by trolls.
The oak-studded hill in Prospect Park on which it stands affords a somewhat industrial western skyline vista, looking towards downtown Minneapolis and the Mississippi River.

No comments: