Search My Infinite Universe

January 19, 2008

Well, it's not any warmer than yesterday (actually colder) but my ire and blood pressure are up, so it seems warmer.
For this is the "kind of stuff that really grates my cheese..." As you can see in the photo below, the cold weather didn't dissuade the local vandals from tagging our waterfall ice with spray paint overnight.

Not that anybody can tell what it even says, which seems like a fitting twist of fate to an already meaningless act of vandalism. You know, I don't remember ever being at an age when I thought something like this was cool. If they are rebelling against their stupid world, it seems like they have just done more to add to it.

On the flip side, there is a special tree not far from the falls we call "the Elf Door," because someone installed a hinged wooden door into an old dead hollow oak tree. We've watched it morph over time, kids have put stickers on it, and woodpeckers have pecked it. It begs to be opened tho. Sometimes when you open it there are alms: candy, money, flowers, coffee club cards, Alcoholics Anonymous chits, Christmas decorations, wind-up toys, action figures, Buddha sculptures, plastic spiders, gum wrappers, junk and detritus.
Even tho the cold was punishing my fingers and nose today, I felt that since we were so close to it, I had better check in as it has been awhile.
Nothing elaborate there today, just a pencil and scraps of paper. People had left their best wishes and positive thoughts, joking comments and doodles since October of last year. I wasn't sure what to write so I penciled a simple Namaste and the date. (Namaste can mean many things, from Sanskrit literally it means, "I bow to you, " but in global discourse, many things.
My favorite is probably, "I honor the place in you in which the entire Universe dwells, I honor the place in you which is of Love, of Integrity, of Wisdom and of Peace, When you are in that place in you, and I am in that place in me, we are One."

Please don't spray paint my universe's waterfall.

No comments: