Search My Infinite Universe

January 22, 2011 - Prepare Yourself

Wow. My last post was July 18th, 2010 at 2:11 PM CST. Totally unacceptable. I'm switching over to a new blogger template here in an attempt to try and spark some new life. Haven't even put the pictures up on the walls yet. So let's just pretend that the last 6 months, 4 days, 11 hours, 42 minutes and 1 second never happened. Because I have BIG NEWS...!!! H U G E news. EARTH-SHATTERING NEWS !!! (I'm breathing heavily into a paper sack this very minute).
Okay. So this last week I was an exhibitor at the Mid-Am Horticultural Trade Show in downtown Chicago. Three days of heart-stopping horticultural excitement. I was representing the Great State of Wisconsin as a nursery inspector, it's what I do (along with "duties to be named later").
AS IF the hustle and bustle of the best of the "Green Industry" wasn't enough excitement, I happened to pick up (during my immensely busy day of shaking hands, kissing babies, and talking about bugs and diseased plants) a copy of one of the trade rags known as "Green Profit" Magazine (catchy, no?)
and I began thumbing through, in between chats with farmers about the damn weather and who is going to win the Packers-Bears game.


I was soon floored by this astounding news story:


"Honeysuckle: Color of the Year"
Oh. My. God.
Here's the sassy copy:
"Pantone ®, an authority on communicating and matching colors (?), has declared Honeysuckle to be Color of the Year for 2011. (!!!)
With characteristics that make it "courageous, confident, vital," this reddish-pink hue is a color for every day, with nothing "everyday" about it.
Bold and emboldening, (that is a classy writer) its vigor is said to help people face troubles and meet the challenges of everyday life.
(Who knew...?!!! But wait, there's more...)
"In times of stress, we need something to life our spirits,: explains Leatrice Eiseman, (PERfect name, she HAD to get this job) executive director of the Pantone Color Institute.
"Honeysuckle is a captivating, stimulating color that gets the adrenaline going - perfect to ward off the blues. (You know them, those evil BLUE colors...) Honeysuckle derives its positive qualities from a powerful bond to its mother color red, the most physical, viscerally alive hue in the spectrum." Leatrice notes that this color may stir a nostalgia for the memories of springs and summers past. (Unless you are less than a year old, in which case it does nothing).
Pantone ® suggests Honeysuckle will add a lively flair to interiors in the form of patterned pillows and tabletop accessories, and also as colors for interior walls. Or, perhaps add this color to brighten and embolden endcaps and retail displays."


Wow, is all I can say. They just sold a subscription. So look for Honeysuckle this year emboldening your endcaps and making you feel all better. I know I will. I'm looking forward to it.
Ironically enough, last year's color was Turquoise, so I guess we got a little too bluesy there and now need to counter-balance things a bit.


Okay, I can put the bag down now, phew.
But that is not all of the news, no. On another page of this amazing magazine, I found what is sure to be my next career opportunity. Can you believe it? In the same issue!
Here it is, under "NEW PRODUCTS":


Easy Green Lawn Paint...!!!!
"With the high cost of watering and maintaining a lawn, Easy Green Lawn Paint is the perfect solution to save water, time, and money. Simply mix the concentrated formula into a regular garden sprayer. Spray on the lawn and it instantly goes from dormant brown to a lush green. It takes about an hour to dry. Once dry, it last for up to three months. Environmentally friendly and kid-and pet safe."
www.easygreenlawnpaint.com


I'm going to sell it to golf courses and make millions! Gotta go!

No comments: