Search My Infinite Universe

December 12th, 2009 - Same Creek, Different Days

Our landlord was asking me to dig up some aesthetically pleasing photos of our creek area for some propaganda brochure he is producing for his house renovation and contracting business, (hopefully I'm not slitting my own throat here and making us look good so that he sells the house out from under us or something...) so I thought I'd share what I dug up with you as well.
The creek in topic here is of course Minnehaha Creek, what with it's Song of Pocahontas and it's Wadsworth Longfellow and Minnehaha Falls and Minneapolis history and all.
These photos were all warm weather photos, as he wanted a lot of nice happy warm and fuzzy appeal, with no snow, scuz crawling down the creek, or with the water so low you could walk long sections of it like you could last summer. So they are not truly representative, but, it is very interesting to see the stream's personality in all of the photos, and how diversely it changes, even over short times during the same seasons.
So with that introduction, I'm going to let the pictures tell their story and just try to come up with the dates and times for the photos.
Seeing these pictures again makes me realize how lucky we are to be able to live so close to a beautiful, always-changing body (if that is the proper term) of water.


Thursday, May 08, 2008, 6:28:02 AM


Sunday, April 06, 2008, 7:36:49 AM


Monday, October 15, 2007, 10:53:44 AM


Tuesday, July 22, 2008, 7:17:06 AM


Friday, November 02, 2007, 3:08:40 PM


Saturday, October 20, 2007, 12:01:16 PM


Thursday, October 09, 2008, 10:31:12 AM

Monday, October 26, 2009, 1:21:14 PM

No comments: